5.20.2009

We are exhausted. It has been a crazy week already!

Mojo is, of course, the reason for our exhaustion. Having a new puppy is just like having a newborn baby in the house. (well, I don't KNOW that, but I'm assuming). Friday night was the worst...we got up to let him out 5 times, and everytime we put him back in his crate (we're crate training him), he cried for about 10 minutes. We slept about 2 hours each that night. The nights have gotten progressively better, the more we try to work with Moe during the day on crate training and potty training. Last night (Tuesday) was AWESOME. We only let him out once at 1:30am, and he didn't cry ONE BIT when we put him in his crate. Praise the Lord! Here are a few pics of our adorable baby (more in our "photos" at the top).






One of the great things about having this new puppy is how suddenly responsible we are! We get up at the same time each morning, go to bed at the same time each night, and have this little thing to take care of. It's been great for us...we both have said (lamely, I'm sure), that this dog definitely makes our little family feel more complete. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I mentioned how awesome God is?
On Sunday, we were working on our garden, and Jason noticed that our HUGE tree in the backyard has a crack on two sides of one of the main limbs of the tree. After the crazy storms that ripped through here on Friday, I'm not surprised. But, bummer, because cutting down a big thing like that would not only be sad, but expensive! We were not sure where that money would come from. So, I called information to get a number for a tree company, and called the first one on the list for a quote. The guy came at 7:00am yesterday, and it turns out our backyards are kiddy-corner to each other! The guy lives right around the corner, and I've met his wife before. They're a young couple, too. So, this guy takes a look at our tree, and thankfully we only have to "thin" the tree out. Basically they're going to cut a ton of medium sized branches down to lighten the load on the big branch. The cost? FREE. "Family and Neighbors are free, that's company policy." Praise the Lord! We were so thankful, and continue to be so thankful. We are continually amazed at the Lord's provision in our lives (though why should we be?). He is just so good.

0 comments: