5.02.2011

23 weeks came and went, and 24 weeks is technically over in about 7 hours. Oh well. Better late than never, I suppose!

The Belly: I actually feel like it looks smaller than it used to. I think it's finally all baby and no bloat, which makes me feel smaller. But really, it's growing. It's pretty hard to hide the fact that I am, indeed, pregnant. My mom noticed that in my pictures my back is getting more arched, too. Believe me, I'm not doing that on purpose! It's harder and harder to stand up straight with more weight out in front. It might make my belly look bigger, but I can't help it. I'm trying to keep my abdominal muscles tight to support my ever-expanding belly, but I'm realizing my abdominal muscles no longer really exist! I definitely have to work a lot harder at sitting up from laying down or being in a comfy chair or couch. 


Physically: I love how much the baby is moving, still. It's movements are getting stronger and I can start to tell the difference between kicks and wiggles and turns. So cool! I can see the movements from the outside now, too, which is so neat. My belly button hasn't "popped" yet, but it's getting darn close. It's super stretched out, and part of it sort of pokes out when I eat too much, haha. We'll see what happens with that.

Weight: I have hit 140! woot! 11 pounds. I think I was 142.something at the doctor's office with clothes on. 

Food Aversons: Not much.

Food Cravings: Cream-slushes from Sonic, and milkshakes. MMMmm :)

Feeling: GREAT! I get tired more easily, and things are starting to ache a little bit, but I still feel great. I'm super excited about having this baby. I'm getting more nervous about the labor and delivery itself as we get closer, but I'm trying not to dwell on all that quite yet. Luckily, we have a great doula, and are taking the Bradley method of childbirth classes, so we will be as prepared as possible for our birth, whatever it might be like.

Baby: ...is little! I'm measuring 2cm (2 weeks) small, at least I was at my doctor's appointment last week. Ray (midwife at Carle) said he can't imagine I'd have a very big baby, judging by how big I was when I was born, and how much weight I've gained so far. That's fine with me...less to push out!! They did not adjust my due date, since I was charting and know that it's correct.

Other: The realization of how...intimate...our house is is starting to hit us. We're trying to figure out what furniture to get rid of, what furniture to move, and how to rearrange things for the baby's stuff once s/he arrives. On top of that, Jason is really trying to get an elliptical machine, so we're trying to see if that will fit, too. Please pray that our house sells soon. We haven't had a showing in over a month, and our faith is starting to waiver. We will certainly be okay if we are here when the baby comes, but would, of course, prefer to have a little more than 800 square feet of space to live in.

As I mentioned, we started our Bradley classes. I simply LOVE these childbirth classes. Our instructor, Shannon, does a fabulous job, and the classes are super informative. Couples learn so much more in Bradley classes about prenatal diet, exercise, development, labor, delivery, and post-partum than they do in any other class you could take. I highly recommend the series, if you're expecting!

Lastly, I think I need to mention that I love our minvan. Yes, already.

0 comments: