3.03.2012

WOW, I can't believe she is 6 months old. I'm amazed at the absolutely incredible amount that she has changed over the last six month. Life is truly a miracle and a blessing!

Likes: 
New like--eating grownup food! We started baby led weaning in the middle of last month, just offering her bits of whatever we are eating, in pieces that she can handle. She has eaten pieces of apple, banana, bread, orange, avocado, broccoli, chewed on carrots and celery, and slurped on an apple juice popscicle I was eating. She pretty much loves it all! Most of the food comes right back out of her mouth, but that's part of BLW...just exploring the texture and taste. Every now and then chunks of food appear in her diaper (the broccoli was particularly interesting...) but it's pretty fun watching her gnaw on different things. She loves Baby Mum Mums, too, and will devour one of those pretty quickly. We tried offering her regular baby food to see what she would do, and she just pushes it away and reaches for our plate instead. That's fine by us! Less work, less money.

She also loves moving around. She is rolling and inch-worming everywhere!

Dislikes:
Car seat (seriously, will she ever grow out of this?!)

Going to sleep

Lately she has not liked having her diaper changed...not sure what that's about.


Weight: 16.3 pounds! Grow, girl!

Length: I think 25 inches.

New things: 
Crawling(ish)...It's amazing watching her get around!



The "B" Sound. She is working hard on getting those B's out whenever possible!

9 month clothes. We're still putting her in her 3-6 month clothes since we're moving next week, but they are way too small, lol. Her pants are too short, and her onsies are often left unsnapped. I don't want to get out new clothes just to pack them all up again though! So, a few more days, then we break out the 9 monthers.


Other: 
Remember how I said she sleeps in her crib for naps, and has a sleep schedule? Well, that is no longer true. Sigh. If babies aren't change agents, I don't know what are. She will no longer let us put her down if she falls asleep in our arms. So, I have been laying down with her on our bed and nursing her to sleep, then sneaking away once she's out. This works pretty well, but it doesn't work so well for Jason. :( Once we get in the new house, we're going to get her used to Jason putting her down. The Sleep Book by Dr. Sears says something like, "crying in the arms of a loving parent is NOT the same as crying it out," which gives me some peace, but not much. I hate hearing her cry and avoid it at all costs. But, sleep has to change, so we may have some tears in Jason's arms as she learns how to fall asleep with him.

Fluff!
I love drinking from my cup!

Pigtails!

Bathtime is the best part of the day.


This is HAIRlarious. It looks like a toupee! lol
Mom, I don't know how to stuff my diapers, only fill them!


Cuteness.
Playing outside with Mojo
mmmm...
Mojo loves Annabelle!
I just love those eyes!
First time in a high chair at Destihl!



0 comments: