3.30.2009

Jason's computer is shot, as far as we know. He has a virus on it that is masquerading as a Windows program, and spyware/antivirus software (two different kinds) can't find it. I also did a search through ALL of the files on his computer, including hidden ones, and can't locate it. The computer keeps turning off randomly, which is not good when you're trying to use it. His computer is about 3 years old.

My computer is trucking along as best as it can. It's about 5 years old. It does pretty well, except for the random freezing up it does every couple of days. When it has it's fit, nothing can be done except to force turn it off without shutting it down properly.

Sigh. We need a new computer. Good thing Jason just sold 4 paintings! God really does provide for us when He knows we need it. And so begins the search for a new computer....

4 comments:

Gabe said...

Take it to Bob Shimmin. He'll fix it up for you! I can't tell you how many times he has helped me fix this or that computer for me. It make take him a week or so, but it's better than outright buying another machine.

Rachel Drum said...

Dude that sucks. I hate big purchases...like mattresses, hehe. You know where to find Drew, he's a computer master! He can help with fixing and shopping for a new one if you need. Not to downplay Bob, Bob is great!

Val said...

do you think his computer got this: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/01/technology/internet/01virus.html?_r=1&hp ... crazy, huh?

Jill said...

Hmmm...., Val, I don't think it's that. It's been messed up for awhile now.

Rachel--thanks! I'll let Jason know.

Gabe--thanks for the advice! I'd feel weird asking him, since I hardly ever see him, let alone talk to him. I'd feel kind of like I was using him, ya know?