...since I've posted! Quite a bit to catch up on, and unfortunately I haven't uploaded pictures yet! So, this will be a photo-less post until I have enough time to get my pictures online.
Michigan
Over the 4th of July weekend, Jason, Mojo and I went to Michigan to spend a long weekend with my family, and uncle and aunt, at the family's beach house on the lake. It was lovely!! Mojo did so well in the long car ride (6 hours there, 8 back), and behaved incredibly well while we were there. I was pleasantly very surprised! We bought a puppy life-jacket for him (laugh if you want to--boxers can't swim!!), but it turns out he HATES the lake. He loved the sand though, and ingested about half of the beach running around, tackling bugs, chasing sea gulls...it was quite comical and enjoyable to have him there. When we tried to get him to go in the water he panicked...he didn't like the waves at all! He would move towards the water, then when a wave came, would run backwards to get away from it. He just kept going forwards and backwards. Very funny! I carried him in and put him in the water, but he ran right out again, and gave me a very irritated look. What a clown! :) Needless to say, we had a great time, and really enjoyed the beach/relaxation.
------------------------------------------------
Florida
We got home from the Michigan weekend on Sunday night, and then had to scramble to do laundry/pack for our trip to Florida. We left on Wednesday morning super early, so it was a bit stressful getting everything together. We dropped Mojo off on Tuesday night with our friends, who were going to watch him while we were gone. I cried. Pathetic, I know, but he's my baby!!
We went to Florida for my good friend's wedding, which was beautiful! She got married at the Wedding Pavilion in Disney World, and had a beautiful reception, complete with fireworks at Magic Kingdom. Lovely!
Aside from the wedding, our trip to Florida was...less than enjoyable. I will spare you the unfortunate details; let's just say that we determined that we are NOT "Disney-people," and will never will be. We will not be going back, and we will not be taking our kids there.
------------------------------------------------
Mojo
We got back from Disney on Sunday, and were excited to be home with Mojo. Unfortunately, he now has what I have determined to be separation anxiety. He freaks out when we leave him in the kitchen, like we usually do, and tries to destroy anything in site, and jumps over the gate/knocks it down to get into the rest of the house (where he chewed my bra, and peed on my sweatpants. lovely). We've decided to start crating him while we're gone, and that seems to help. He hasn't seemed so agitated, and has been following us around a little bit less. I'm hoping he gets over it soon. But, he's getting SO BIG!!! Mojo is about 25 lbs. now, at just over 4 months old. I'm guessing he'll be about 70 lbs by the time he's full grown. crazy! It seems like we just brought him home, and he was this tiny puppy that sat in our laps. Now he's almost too big for that!
------------------------------------------------
South Beach
The South Beach diet has been awesome so far. We're into phase two, which means we're allowed to start eating fruits, and healthier carbs. I'm down to my pre-wedding weight (yeah!! 6-7 pounds lost in three weeks!), and Jason has lost some, too! We feel great, and are happy to know we're putting only healthy foods into our bodies. It's great! I can actually fit into my wedding dress again :D
------------------------------------------------
This weekend...
We are looking forward to a very low-key, stay at home weekend. We have a Lord of the Rings movie marathon planned for Saturday, and are very much looking forward to it :) Anyone know how to make carb-free popcorn...?
Pictures coming soon...
7.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment