Back to school, back to school....
My first class for nursing school started last Monday. It is "Chemistry for Health Professions." It combines basic chemistry, organic chemistry, and bio-chemistry all in one summer, online class. Can we say "stressful?" I'm doing okay so far, but we're only on the second week. The worst part is group projects ::shudder:: in a CHAT room. Let me tell you: that is not easy. It is actually one of the more ridiculous ideas that someone has come up with as far as education goes, IMHO.
Even though I've only been out of school for a year and a few months, I (for some reason) have an entirely different outlook about it. Is it because now I realize it's value? or now that I know what I want to do, I'm excited about it? or because I suddenly want to be really good at school? I have no idea. But unlike college, where I did only what I needed to get by with a B average, I really, really have a desire to kick some booty in this class and this program. For the first time ever, I've actually been doing ALL of the reading, ALL of the practice problems, ALL of the optional problems, and really trying to learn what I'm supposed to be learning, instead of just taking a test and forgetting it. And, even though it's hard, I'm actually enjoying the challenge that my brain is feeling.
Luckily, Jason's 2nd class of the summer ends tomorrow (praise God!), so he and I will both be taking one class, and can hopefully divide up household responsibilities a little more evenly.
Yay school!!
6.25.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
you go girl!
Post a Comment