July...our second month of being married. It was also our first vacation as a married couple with my family, as we went up to Michigan over the 4th of July. It was quite a trip! Let me tell you--just because you're newly married does NOT mean that long car rides are any more fun than before you were married. BUT, the vacation was fun nonetheless, as Jason did a painting on the beach (he actually painted on top of the bugs that flew onto his canvas--ew), we got to sunbathe, and enjoy some great beach relaxation time. It was a weird feeling to sleep in the same room with my parents there, but we managed :) All-in-all, it was a really good first vacation. We learned a lot about each other that we didn't know:
*Jason does not like to "relax" by doing nothing.
*Reading would be classified into the "doing nothing" category for Jason.
*I get very cranky when the AC in the car breaks in 90+ degree heat in stop and go traffic for 9 hours.
*Jason also gets very cranky when the AC in the car breaks in 90+ degree heat in stop and go traffic for 9 hours.
*I don't like to sleep in too long on vacation because I miss "vacation time."
*Jason sleeps all day on vacation.
...and much more. Opposites truly DO attract.
6.11.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hahaha, I love the bug paint detail...Jason could do a series of bug paintings, what a special way to remember a honeymoon:) Haha...I am being serious..I like weird stuff.
Post a Comment