6.10.2009

One of the best things anyone has ever done for me was done the week before and after our wedding, when I wasn't in town. I moved all of my stuff into the house the day before I left to go up to Aurora, and so everything was a big crazy mess of boxes, bags, and chaos. I was dreading coming home to it, but figured it was my stuff, so I would just have to grin and bear it. I didn't say anything to Jason about being bummed about all the crap all over. But, just a few days before our wedding, Jason sent out a mass email to people at church asking for help. All throughout the day, people stopped by to help unpack my stuff, organize, clean, and get the house ready for our return as a married couple. A couple of girlfriends organized the kitchen the way that women would organize it (THANK YOU, Holly! I can't remember who else did the kitchen...), another friend unpacked my clothes (THANK YOU Joanna!) electronics, books, and more. Everything that didn't have a "home" went down to the basement, and was neatly organized and shelved awaiting my return. It was the BEST gift I could have asked for, to walk into an organized, unpacked home. In addition, while we were on our honeymoon, Jason's mom came to our house and cleaned, put on our new bedding, did laundry that was there, and got us beautiful flowers, candles, and rosepetals all over our bed. It was such an amazing blessing.

A big fat THANK YOU! goes out to all of those friends from church that helped out...it was so amazing! Truly an example of Christ's love. :)

...and a great start to our marriage!

1 comments:

melbys said...

ooooh, i'm so glad that jason's mom made the final touches. i thought of all that after the fact when he had already left for chicago. yay for a rose petal welcome after your threshold crossing!