6.12.2009

When August rolled around, our totally empty schedule suddenly filled up quickly! School and church stuff started again, so we learned fast that we really had to MAKE time to spend with each other, otherwise it wouldn't happen.

I started back to school; couldn't get enough of it I guess ::rolling eyes::. I took a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) class at the community college here. It was a semester long class where I learned basic skills like taking vital signs, and taking care of patient's personal needs like showering, getting them dressed, feeding, etc... My clinicals were at a nursing home in town, and that was quite an experience! Life truly is a circle, ending back where we started with diapers, mashed up food, and people bathing us.

In addition to school starting again, Jason and I decided to start a small group for young married/engaged couples in our church. There was a huge amount of weddings last summer, and no real opportunity for young married people to get support from each other while navigating life's new adventures. We are continuing to host our small group on Monday nights, and it really is a blessing. We've built some great community and great friends!

Being around so many young adult married couples in the past year has been eye-opening to how blessed we are in our marriage. Aside from normal nit-pickey stuff we have "conversations" about, we really don't argue or have problems in our marriage. It's amazing to me how easy marriages can get into trouble; those problems really know no age or length of time being married. We know couples in their 20s that have struggled because of physical affairs, emotional affairs, differences that "can't" be resolved, sexual problems, financial problems...it's crazy how much young couples (ANY couples) have to battle against. We are so blessed to have the Lord be the center of our marriage, and for building a home based on Biblical principles. I can only hope and pray for many, many more years like this!

0 comments: