11.13.2009

Yesterday morning Jason felt like God spoke to him, and so we're going to start preparing to put our house on the market. I'm feeling quite hesitant, but God has been convicting me throughout the past week of my duties as a wife (supporting my husband and future family), and submitting to my husband as he seeks God when we have big decisions to be made. I repented to Jason about it a week ago, so I'm wondering if God used this week to prepare me to submit to Jason on this issue. I don't feel ready to move. I like our house. I like our neighborhood. Granted, if we're going to have kids soon, we don't have enough room, but it's hard to grasp the idea of moving out of our very first home together. BUT, I've given my concerns to Jason, and he still feels like God is pushing us to move, so that Jason can have a real studio in our house, so that he can expand his business. He feels like God wants to really bless his business, but in order to grow, he really does need a studio.

So, reasons we're going to move:
  1. Jason needs a studio. Not a studio/spare room/computer room/potential nursery/junk room.
  2. If we're going to have kids in the next year or two, we need room for them to live. We currently do not have room for a kid and a dog, AND Jason's recording equipment.
  3. Good schools. Newsflash: Champaign doesn't have great schools. So, we're looking at moving to Monticello where the schools are much better, and we wouldn't have to pay for private school to get a quality education.
  4. Slower-paced life. We both get stressed easily, and find we "have" to run to Wal-Mart to get something, or go to Lowe's, or whatever. Monticello is a small town, so there's no "running" anywhere. The town has what we would need, and not a lot of extras. The extras they do have are a beautiful huge park (Allerton), a quaint downtown area, "First-Friday" celebrations, and other small-town things that I can imagine would make living there much more relaxed. Also, it would challenge me to get more organized as a wife, planning out where we need to go and what we need to get when we come to Champaign.
  5. Jason feels like God is leading us in that direction.

So...here we go, I guess!

0 comments: