We're not moving
:)
I've been feeling really unsettled about the whole thing, and really do not feel like now is the right time. So, last week I decided (and told Jason) that we aren't moving for at least a year. Jason agreed that it would probably be better if we waited. Good.
We think Mojo has separation anxiety. I bought a book that my good friend Val recommended to me called "I'll be Home Soon." It's got some good tips in it. I also called a dog behavior specialist, who talked to me on the phone for about a half an hour about Mojo's problems, and different things to try. She also recommended that book, by the way. Anyway, we've started walking Mojo for 45 minutes to an hour each morning before we leave, and then another 20 or 30 minute walk after work. We've also been giving him entirely too many treats in a ball that he rolls around until said treats fall out to keep him occupied for awhile while we're gone. Honestly, I don't care that he's eating more treats than normal food right now--he's not chewing up our house. I'm going to try getting him different food and seeing if he likes it more; if he does, then we'll hopefully be able to use his kibble for "treats" in the treat ball instead of actual treats. Right now, he only eats his kibble when we put cheese or something else in it to make it more "tasty." For $45 a bag, I'm sure we can find something that's tasty on it's own.
That's about all, as of right now. Our lives just aren't that interesting, I suppose! :)
12.16.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment