Clearly, I am losing steam at posting weekly updates. They are turning into more like bi-weekly updates. I guess that's fine...not much changes week to week!
3rd trimester in just 3 days!!! Holy cow, where did the time go?!
The Belly: Definitely pregnant, that's for sure. I had my first stranger automatically ask me when I'm due, instead of hesitating before asking if "that's a baby bump?" There's no hiding this sucker anymore! It's out there, loud and clear. This picture is a little misleading though, because I didn't do a good job of holding my dress in at the bottom. Still, the belly is definitely getting huge.
Physically...a lot to comment on this week: Um...I think I found a stretch mark. Or maybe a couple. I can't tell, because I can't really see the majority of my belly. Jason doesn't really know what to look for when I panic and say, "Jason!! Come here! You have to tell me if that's a stretch mark!!" Unfortunately, I think I'm bound to get them, despite my constant slathering on of belly cream. It's sad. I was really hoping to be one of those women who just has a gorgeous preggo belly, sans stretching or scarring. Oh well. I'll have to ask my sister to confirm the existence of these lines that I could potentially (hopefully) be imagining...good thing I'll see her this weekend.
Also, my abs are ridiculous. Or really, my lack of. I can no longer do a "sit up" without significant help from Jason either pulling me up, or me having to writhe around for a few seconds to thrust myself off whatever couch or floor I'm collapsed into.
I'm having a harder time reaching my toes to paint them. This is another thing Jason isn't really excited about helping me with :) Though, he says that if I'm going to pay to get them done, he'll do it to keep me from paying for it. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final product of man-painted-toenails. Should be cute.
Sleeping is getting difficult. The other night I was awake for most of the night, tossing and turning (slowly and laboriously) trying to find a comfortable position. The baby was more active than I have ever felt it, and I swear it was trying to claw out of me. I was in pain, uncomfortable, and exhausted. I finally sat up around 3 a.m. and just started crying. I couldn't handle it. A warm rice sock seemed to calm the baby down a bit, and was able to relax me enough to give me a couple of hours of sleep. Unfortunately, I think that sleep is going to become more and more elusive. Please pray that I'm able to start sleeping more soundly...I know that it's not God's desire for me to have a miserable night of sleep every night, so I'm trying to hold onto faith that I'll be blessed with sleep soon.
I had my first feet-swelling moment this weekend. We went for a walk and I came in and sat down, and my poor feet were so warm and swollen. It felt weird to even curl my toes up! Thankfully, a foot rub helped that :)
Weight: If I round up, I'm at 141! 12 pounds. Grow baby, grow!!
Food Aversons: Heavy, rich things.
Food Cravings: Anything COLD!!
Feeling: Okay, this week. I had more moments of, "man, this kid is really beating me up!" and "holy moly, I'm exhausted!" and "Stop hoping the baby comes early (not THIS early)." I am still feeling mostly good, though things are starting to stretch and ache more, and I'm definitely feeling very pregnant most of the time. Hard to believe I have almost 14 more weeks to g(r)o(w).
Baby: Clearly a gymnast. Or acrobat. Or something. This child does not.stop.moving. It's amazing and wonderful (and sometimes uncomfortable, if I'm being honest) all at the same time. Tonight I got teary-eyed feeling the little one kick and squirm. Such a miracle :)
Other: We hired our doula! I've had more than one person ask me if I was going to "doula myself." No, I am not. That would be impossible. I'm excited that we're working with Trish, and I know she'll help me try to have the birth experience I'm hoping for.
That's all for now! Bed time for bonzos.
2 comments:
First of all, I want to say that you looked beautiful last night and I meant to tell you that when I saw you. :) Second, I'm jealous that you've only gained 12 lbs....not fair! ;) Lastly, don't worry about stretch marks; although I've never gotten any on my belly, I have too many too mention on my hips and inner thighs....battle scars of pregnancy, I guess ;)
Maybe you've already tried this, but I finally figured out I could sort of almost still sleep on my stomach with the right combination of pillows. The more pillows the better.
Post a Comment