21 weeks! The baby is the size of a carrot from head to toe, about 10.5 inches.

It's definitely bigger. The other night I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was really surprised at how much my belly was sticking out. I asked Jason when it happened, and he said a few weeks ago. hah! Happens overnight, it seems. Though, I do feel like I should be bigger than I am for being over half-way done.
Weight:
I've only gained 6 or 7 pounds, according to my scale. It doesn't seem like enough, but I'm eating as much as I want when I'm hungry. The midwife mentioned it last time I was there...not sure if I should be worried about it or not. The baby is measuring on track, according to our ultrasound two days before Christmas. Who knows.
Food Aversions:
None, really! Thankful for that.
Food Cravings:
Salty things, and bread, and sushi! We started eating a "primal" diet on Saturday (basically paleo, but including dairy). Our goal is to eat that way 80% of the time, and "cheat" 20% of the time if we want to. So, since I haven't been really eating much bread, of course it's all I want, hah. I'm still eating a little bit of bread...usually a piece of Ezekial 4:9 bread with breakfast. Anyway. I just want to eat a loaf of garlic bread and a huge plate of sushi!
Feeling:
Pretty neutral right now. I'm excited to have another baby in the house, but I'm also nervous about parenting a BOY since all I know so far is parenting Annabelle! Jason is over the moon excited though about having a boy, so I know he'll pick up my slack :) I can't believe we have 4.5 months left...it seems like such a short time for some reason.
Other:
Baby boy is moving a LOT in there. I have an anterior placenta this time around (on the front), so I feel less movements in certain areas and more in others. It's fun feeling it, and I love spending a few extra precious moments in the morning laying in bed "bonding" with this little guy.
So far, baby boy Rackow is nameless. We just cannot decide. We have a few names that we like, but none that we are in love with. We had a few girl names that we loved, but no boy names. Who knows. Maybe he'll just be called "boy."
Every time I have felt his position, he is either breech or transverse. I KNOW it is way too early to be worried about it, but, well, I am. I'm sure he'll turn the right way soon enough. I just wish he'd turn now!
That's all for now. Not much exciting going on around here.
0 comments:
Post a Comment