2.20.2014


27 weeks! The baby is about two pounds, and about 14.5 inches long. 

The Belly: 
I feel HUGE. Seriously enormous. Like, how could I possibly be pregnant for another 10-15 weeks!? But, I am not huge, at least according to my measurements. Just like Annabelle, this little boy is measuring a week behind. It's fine with me! Annabelle was sort of "petite" when she was born, weighing 7 pounds 3.5 ounces at almost 2 weeks past my estimated due date. Pushing out a 7 pounder was hard enough! I don't want this one to be much bigger! I think part of the reason I feel so huge is that this little boy does NOT want to be head down. He prefers laying diagonally across my belly (at least his head is towards the bottom). So, I'm always feeling like he's really stretching out in there. He has plenty of time to get settled head down, so I'm trying not to worry *too* much, but if you would pray for a head down, face down baby, I'd surely appreciate those prayers!

Weight:
Feeling good! Gained about 15 pounds overall.

Food Aversions:
None.

Food Cravings:
None, really. Kind of depends on the moment. Though, I am really enjoying things with bold flavor. Really sour, really spicy, etc. I have been craving lots of salty carbs lately, but I know those aren't healthy so I'm enjoying sprouted bread with lots of salted butter, and pickles instead ;)

Feeling:
Anxious. Most anxious about delivery. And (squirm warning), most anxious about tearing during delivery. That was the absolute worst part of having Annabelle, and I felt every moment of it. I still shudder. I haven't forgotten (I thought I was supposed to forget!). But, I have been praying a lot about this baby's birth, and listening to a great Christian childbirth meditation series, and that has been helping. I'm asking God for a 6 hour or less labor, no tearing, and less craziness than Annabelle's birth. I went from 5cm dilated to having her in my arms in 45 minutes--it was very intense, and very stressful feeling. I'm praying that this one feels calmer and more in control.

I am also feeling anxious about how I'm going to be a good mom to two kids. And to be honest, mostly anxious about how I'm going to be a good mom to Annabelle, still. Obviously newborns need tons of attention, and I'm going to give it to this little boy happily.  I LOVE Annabelle, so much, and want nothing but amazing, wonderful things for her. She is my heart and soul right now, and I don't want her to feel sad or mad or scared or confused, ever...and that includes once her baby brother is here. I know she is going to love him--she loves all babies. I just don't want her to feel like mommy is letting her down. I guess that is a little bit unavoidable, but I'm hoping I can minimize it as much as possible.

Other:
Jason's office is almost done in the basement! He's finishing up his "artistic" wall, essentially filling the wall with reclaimed wood. All of the other painting and everything is finished...just some other minor stuff to take care of. He should be done with it by the end of this month, at which point we finally get to start moving around furniture, and painting the bedrooms upstairs. All three bedrooms are getting a new coat of paint, and Belle will be moving to her "big girl" room as we set up the nursery for this little boy. I'm excited about it and can't wait to get it done!

That's all for now! Can't believe it's third trimester!!!

0 comments: