I am not one to have prophetic dreams on a regular basis--or ever, really. Last night though, I'm pretty positive that I did. I mean, God was in it, and talking to me, so I think that's a pretty good sign, right?
First of all--I am NOT pregnant, Jason and I are NOT trying to have kids, and we don't want to right now, or in the near future.
That being said, I will now describe the dream :)
In my dream, I was laying in a bed that had all white linens on it, and was very fluffy looking, with lots of pillows. I was holding a newborn baby boy in my arms, in awe of him. God was sitting next to me, in a chair, looking at that baby boy with such love in his eyes. He said, "His name is Josiah." In my dream, I looked at God and said, "but, there aren't many nicknames for that name, and I don't even like it all that much!" God looked at me, straight in the eyes, and said, "His name is Josiah." I nodded, looked back down at the baby, called him Josiah, and the dream was over.
I can still almost feel the baby in my arms, it was such a real dream.
Josiah (Hebrew) - 1 Kings 13:2 - the Lord burns; the fire of the Lord.
I told Jason this morning, and he was really surprised. His co-worker has a son named Josiah, and named him that because she felt like God told her to.
So, assuming that dream was from the Lord, I'm thinking our first baby will be a boy, and his name will be Josiah Cohen Rackow.
9.25.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
as i recall, dreams about having babies don't necessarily have anything to do with babies in real life. i think they can be related to starting something new, like starting a ministry, or perhaps for you nursing school? you do have a 'fire' for nursing/midwifery and i'm sure God gave that to you.. and maybe this means you'll get in at parkland?
Good point about baby symbolism. I am curious what did God look like in your dream?!
Post a Comment