2.27.2010

Yesterday and today are the two days of my DONA doula workshop. It's flying by, faster than I'd imagined it would. Yesterday we talked a lot about the "legal stuff" that we need to know, and also what our lives will look like as doulas. I also got certified to use a TENS unit on women with back labor. Just one more thing to add to my "bag of tricks."

Today we're getting into more of the actual labor support techniques, and also finding out what we should keep in our birth bag.

I've been thinking for awhile about what I want to do with my DONA certification, once I have it. I keep going back to starting a business for women's transitions. I'd love to teach FAM (Fertility Awareness Method) classes, teach childbirth classes, be a birth-doula, a post-partum doula, and a lactation consultant. Obviously it's going to take a few years before I can get all of the certifications (and life experience!) I need to do all of those things, but it would be awesome to be able to meet the needs of women in any stage of their fertility.

So, I'm trying to come up with a name for said business. It should be a name that can work as I can begin to offer more services. Some I've come up with so far:

Transitions
Beautiful Transitions
Bloom
Chrysalis (where a caterpillar turns into a butterfly)

Do you have any ideas? I want it to be short and sweet, but have some meaning behind it.

0 comments: