9.07.2010

Life has been crazy busy around the Rackow household these last few weeks. Quick run down...

Jill:
  • 3 doula clients due in September (one in labor right now, actually, doing just fine on her own). That means trying to fit in 9 prenatal visits and praying that their births happen when I can miss work!
  • Work craziness...the whole clinic is switching to new email system, and we have to train everyone. It's been nuts and about 6 hours of overtime a week, but it seems to be going well.
  • Going to a 2-day conference (in town) on Thursday and Friday
  • Trying to keep the house clean for showings (of which we have had TWO that have been nothing).
  • United Way project
  • (the most exciting one) Talked to the head of the OB/GYN department here about starting a more comprehensive program for pregnant women, offering other services like prenatal yoga, massage, nutrition education, other childbirth education options, aromatherapy, and doula services to all women that want one at Christie. She was actually excited about it, so I'm working on a business plan and powerpoint for her to present to her colleagues. Who knows where it will go, but it's exciting nonetheless!
  • Meeting with 2 new clients in the next 2 weeks
  • Trying to finish preparing for teaching FAM at church, if it all works out.
  • Preparing to be all alone for a good chunk of this month.....

Jason:
  • Working on some awesome music with a friend
  • Tons of work at work, plus his weekend job of producing the show All-Worship
  • Getting ready to go to Orlando tomorrow for work...gone for 4 days :(
  • Going to Haiti for 10 days at the end of the month
  • I'm sure there's more but I can't think of anything else at the moment.

So anyway. Things are busy, but fun. It's amazing to me that it's already September. I remember Laura's blog post about new year's resolutions, and feel like I just read it yesterday! It's insane that I'm already thinking about carving pumpkins, making apple pies and cider, then Thanksgiving and Christmas! I can't believe it.

I hope you're all having a great beginning of fall :)

0 comments: