
That's Tony Horton. He's the one I'm blaming for barely being able to type right now.
In an attempt to get stronger and lose weight, we bought a used copy of P90X. Why? Because the infomercial sold me on it. I couldn't stop watching it. It was like crack. Luckily I didn't spend $300 to buy it on the TV and instead spent $70 on ebay. It came in the mail while Jason was in Haiti. I put it in the closet, on the top shelf, secretly hoping that I'd forget about it and pretend I never bought it. Unfortunately, that didn't work.
We started doing it on Monday. Three days ago. It feels like about 3 years ago. We took "before" pictures, and I'm really hoping that we don't die before we can take "after" pictures. I knew this workout would be intense, but seriously? SERIOUSLY?! Monday started out our first day with chest and back. Keep in mind that I can't do ANY "normal" pushups, and can only do them on my knees. Well, for an hour, all we did was pushups and pull-ups. Literally. I had no idea there were so many different ways a person could do pushups...well believe you me, there are about 20 different ways. Then we thought we were done and collapsed on the floor... then the music started, and the ab workout starts rolling. "ABS!? We have to do an ab workout after this?" Why yes, you do. ::evil laugh:: sooo after doing 391 different ab moves (not joking), we were finally finished.
Then on Tuesday we did Plyometrics. Here I am, thinking "I'm great at doing cardio!" HAHAHA! Plyometrics isn't just cardio, people. It's like cardio on steroids laced with uppers. For an hour we jumped, crouched, kicked, lunged, hopped, and spun. I'm definitely wearing a heart-rate monitor next time. I'm pretty convinced it got over 200 at one point. I had to sit down.
Yesterday we did arms and shoulders, and the dreaded abs again.
Today I can't move. I couldn't move MUCH yesterday, but today I can't move really at all. I can't even sit in a chair without holding onto something to help me lower myself down. And while sitting, my abs hurt. Did you know your abs are engaged when you sit? I didn't. Now I do. I can feel muscles that I didn't know existed. Even moving the mouse is difficult because my shoulder is so sore. No joke. Oh, and we have plyometrics again tonight. (!&#*&@!)
We have 87 days left, and I am determined to finish it. Please pray for us. If we do finish, I'll post our before/after pictures here. yikes.
0 comments:
Post a Comment