10.06.2010

I turned 25 on October 1st. I was sort of having a small crisis about it, too. Maybe not a crisis so much as...slight panic? Who knows. Anyway, I was glad to see that I'm not the only one. My friend Laura posted about her 25th birthday (only two days later!) and echoed my thoughts exactly. It's just hard to believe that my life is flying by so quickly! I have been so, so blessed with my first 25 years. I honestly couldn't ask for much to have been different. My parents raised me so well, with great morals and values, and provided everything I needed to succeed in life. I got a great education, met a wonderful man, got married, bought a house, started my first real job, started my own business...it's been so great!

I hope you don't mind, Laura (if you're reading this), but I'm going to borrow your idea for your 25 goals. I already had some in my mind, and I love the idea of coming up with more to make it 25. Imitation is the best form of flattery, you know :)

So...things I want to do in my 25th year of life, in no particular order. Some of them are goals, and some of them are desires, because some of them aren't fully in my control.

1. Sell our house
2. Buy a new house
3. Sell my car
4. Buy an SUV
5. Get a new website for my business (If you know anyone that would do it for under $1,000, let me know!)
6. Have a baby
7. Plant a garden that's more successful than this year's was
8. Read some classic literature (you know, those books that I only read the Cliffsnotes of in high school...)
9. Go on a vacation with Jason that is actually fun and relaxing
10. Finish P90X successfully, without dying
11. Start volunteering at the Crisis Pregnancy Center
12. Get a big bookshelf and organize our books
13. Do an actual in-depth study of something in the Bible
14. Get back into running
15. Learn how to can/preserve veggies from the garden
16. Sew more
17. Set the table for dinner more often instead of eating on the couch
18. Host a dinner party (hopefully at a new house)
19. Move forward with my women's resource center proposal (hoping!)
20. Index and categorize valuables
21. Put together an emergency supply box (ready.gov has great ideas for this)
22. Build closer relationships with friends
23. See a part of the USA that I haven't seen before
24. Organize and categorize my favorite recipes
25. Get and learn how to use photoshop or lightroom

1 comments:

Abby said...

I like your list Jill! It will be so rewarding to check off things as you accomplish them! Can't wait for #1, 6 and 2!