As of today, 12 days until my "due date."
The Belly: ...is huge. Yes, I am ready to pop. I feel like it, and look like it. (Please excuse my post-swimming hair in the picture below).
Physically: Feeling about the same as last week, though for some reason the past few days laying down has been very, very uncomfortable. In general, "things" are starting to ache that I didn't even know could ache. Otherwise, I'm still plugging away, feeling mostly good during the day, and staying active.
I would like to plug my chiropractor at this moment. I am about 99% convinced that my pregnancy has been so easy thanks in huge part to going to see Jeff regularly. I started out my pregnancy going every other week, and switched to every week in my 3rd trimester. I KNOW that regular adjustments have caused this baby to be in the perfectly ideal position for birth; s/he has never moved or turned out of the head down, right-facing position. Getting adjusted has helped me stay active because my joints don't hurt as much, and it's kept my pelvis aligned and straight so that all of my organs have as much room as possible to adjust and move around. Anyway, if you're pregnant, I highly recommend seeing a chiropractor trained in the Webster Technique (for preggos), and if you're in C-U, I highly recommend Jeff. :)
Weight: I was at 150 on Tuesday here at home, and 155 at Carle. So, somewhere in there!
Food Aversons: Eggs. The smell has been making me nauseous lately, and I can't even fathom the idea of eating them.
Food Cravings: Basically anything sweet and cold.
Feeling: Nervous about labor. I know I have to do it, I know I'm capable of doing it, and I know the best way to do it for my baby and my body is naturally, but I'm still nervous. I am already so thankful that Jason and I did the Bradley childbirth classes, because they really taught Jason how to be a coach, and I know he's going to do a great job.
I'm also feeling very conflicted emotions about actually having a child. I go back and forth between being super excited to meet this little one, and completely and utterly terrified!!
Baby: Measured at 36 weeks at my appointment this week, heartbeat was 124. S/he has sunk down lower in my pelvis, according to the midwife, which is GREAT. I've had a couple of people in the last week guess girl, which is surprising since 90% of everyone else has been guessing boy. I will truly be so surprised no matter what, and I love that. I'm so glad we didn't find out the gender!
Other: I love staying at home during the day! I have made curtains for the kitchen, kept up on the laundry, cooked a little bit more, worked on the nursery, taken care of the yard and the garden...it's been soooo great doing the "house-wifey" things that I've been longing to have time to do without feeling rushed or stressed. I know having a baby will obviously change the way I do things and the amount of time I have, but I am still so excited to be home.
Hoping to get a post up with lots of nursery pictures, soon!
Prayer Requests: If you're the praying type and would like to join us in prayer, here is what is on my heart this week...
- Sleep. I'm exhausted each night and sleep is getting worse. Please pray that I would be able to get a few full nights of sleep before having this baby.
- My nerves--starting to get more anxious about having a baby!
- A joyful delivery. I know it's going to be hard, I just pray that I would be able to experience the joy of it all, too.
Thanks!
3 comments:
You are SO CLOSE!! I can't wait to hear all about having Baby Rackow. You are going to rock this birth, Jill! I'm praying for you. :)
Haha. "Things" hurting. I remember this at the end. It means you are CLOSE! Can't believe he/she will be here in a week or two!
My pregnancies were perfect because of my adjustments from said chiropractor as well! So happy that baby Rackow is almost here!
Post a Comment