As of today, 6 days until my "due date!"
The Belly: Speaks for itself! Baby is really crammed in there, and sometimes my belly looks pretty lopsided depending on where his/her butt is. It's pretty funny. I also can see feet pressing out on my right side pretty often, and I usually poke back :)
Physically: I am ready to be done being pregnant now. It's been great, but if I'm being honest, I'm tired of it. I want my body back to "normal," even though I know it will never be the same again! Rolling over in bed is so difficult anymore that I dread the 4 or 5 times I wake up each night. My pubic bone hurts a lot, which I know is a good thing because it means the baby is moving down down down, stretching my pubic symphysis (go learn something!). I'm tired most of the time, and can't get comfortable sitting on a cushy couch or chair because I just sink in too much. I'm not trying to complain, just telling it like it is!
I'm still trying to go for a walk every day, do my squats and pelvic tilts. I've been chugging raspberry leaf tea, which is supposed to help tone the uterus and in one study, made second stage of labor shorter. Who knows if it will work, but I'll try anything to make labor easier!
Weight: Still at 150. We'll see what the scale at Carle says this afternoon.
Food Aversons: Most things sound yucky to eat, but I just keep eating because I know I have to!
Food Cravings: Still anything cold. Chomping ice has been great lately (unfortunately for my teeth...)
Feeling: Let's do this. I know labor is going to be hard. I know it's going to be probably the most difficult thing I'll do in my life. But I know I have to do it, and I know I CAN do it, and I know that one way or another, I will have a precious newborn baby at the end of it. Let's just get it going! Jason and I are both getting more excited, as the day gets closer. Not knowing how or when labor will start is keeping us both on edge, in a good way!
Baby: is very snugly in there. I really have no idea how babies get bigger than this, and mine is pretty petite! I can't imagine having an 8, 9, or 10+ lb. baby! I'm feeling very thankful for my little one, even though it doesn't feel so little. My 39 week appointment is today, so we'll see what they say.
Other: Yes, I am still pregnant. I'm starting to feel like I should just stay in my house to avoid seeing people, including total strangers, who ask when my baby is due and then exclaim, "oh wow! You're still pregnant?!" or, "what are you doing out and about?!" Well, I am clearly not in labor yet, so I am still living my life as normally as possible, and I promise that if you are a friend or family member, we will tell you when the baby is coming! I'm not even at my due date yet. And to all of my friends who have ever been pregnant, are pregnant, or will be pregnant, please forgive me for ever making exclamations about still being pregnant, and I promise I will never say anything along those lines again. :)
Prayer Requests: If you're the praying type and would like to join us in prayer, here is what is on my heart this week...
- That this baby would come in God's timing, and I would be able to enjoy each day up until s/he comes.
- That this baby would be healthy and have no problems at birth. That is my #1 prayer and hope right now.
- That we would be able to successfully breastfeed without a lot of complications. For some reason in the past couple of weeks I have heard too many "horror stories" of complications, and I really just don't want to go there if I don't have to.
1 comments:
Here's a 'non horror story.' Owen latched immediately and has been a great nurser and I LOVE it! Praying that story over you and baby R!
Post a Comment