6.07.2012

The first over-night of sleep training was last night. It wasn't bad, until early morning hours. The first two times Annabelle woke up, she sat up and started fussing. I laid her back down, patted her back and "shh'd" her, and she fell right back to sleep. The third time, she obviously was wanting to nurse, and it was about 11:30, so I was fine doing that. I laid her back down half awake, and after just a few seconds of fussing, she fell immediately back to sleep. The next time she woke up, a back-pat did it again. When she woke around 2:30, I nursed her again. She woke up crying at 4:00, and she had soaked through her diaper somehow :( Poor thing. Unfortunately a diaper change at 4:00 makes for a wide-awake baby. So, I nursed her to try to get her drowsy again, and laid her down. She laid there awake for about 40 minutes, just quietly looking around and playing with her toes. I was convinced she was asleep a few times, but she was just very still. She started fussing then, and then started crying, and I just couldn't get her back to sleep. I gave up a 5:00 a.m. and brought her to bed with us. I'm fine with the "early morning snuggle," as our sleep consultant calls it. I just don't want her waking up all night expecting it. So, we'll see. If she keeps waking up all night for awhile, I may have to cut out our "early morning snuggle" and just bite the bullet and get her to fall back to sleep. We'll see how it goes.

Tonight wasn't as great as last night. She only played in her crib for about 30 minutes before getting fussy, and then fussed for about 20 minutes, and cried for 10. Hey, it's better than an hour of screaming, right? sigh.

0 comments: