Annabelle basically takes over the whole house. Toys, clothes, shoes, diapers, child-safety-locks...it's clear who has the upper hand! :) Despite her stuff everywhere, I do try to keep it relatively organized. "Try" being the key word in that sentence. In that vein, I had a project on my list that I've been wanting to finish for awhile. I want to display Annabelle's oh-so-pretty crayon art work, and also keep her new job chart and a few other things available for her to see throughout the day. Rather than taping them on the wall (which is what we were doing), Jason made this handy dandy frame out of some salvaged wood! I painted it, added some $.97 knobs and rope. Tada!
I put the knobs on every 9 inches or so, so there are 5 ropes strung across. It currently has her art work, her weather chart (we've been talking a LOT about rain lately), her "color of the day," and her new job chart that I made her. It's great to finally have all of this stuff in one place, so she and I can both see it!
_____________
We made Annabelle two sticker charts. One is her bed time routine, which we've been using for 3 weeks now. It's going great! She gets SO excited to do each step because she knows she gets a sticker. Bath, Diaper/PJs, brush teeth, read books, lights off, go to sleep. She gets a sticker when she does each step without whining or crying. If she gets 35 stickers or more by the end of the week, she gets a sucker. Wahoo. She loves it :)
I finally finished making her job chart yesterday. It has 7 jobs on it that Annabelle can do throughout the day to earn stickers. Same idea as the bedtime chart...if she earns enough, she gets a prize. Her jobs are to make her bed, water the plants, feed mojo, help mommy with the laundry, clean up her books before bed, and clean up her toys before bath. Obviously she still needs a little bit of help with all of this stuff, but these are things that she enjoys doing that she can learn to do by herself pretty easily. Her favorite thing is to water the plants...she's been doing this for weeks and gets so excited. It's pretty cute.
It's getting harder watching my little baby grow up! She is able to do so many things now, is learning so quickly, and is just turning into a sweet little girl. sigh.
Home
»
»Unlabelled
» Annabelle's Corner
4.24.2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment