4.29.2009

A couple of weeks ago, my parents came down to visit and help us work on our house/yard for the weekend. We got so much done, and I'm so thankful for them! Not only did they help us get stuff done, they also helped us pay for a lot of the stuff we bought--totally unexpected, but a huge blessing.

My dad got our ugly window AC taken out (infested by ants! ew!), and the front of our home looks so much better now. We also got a lot planted in the front yard, and planned the vegetable garden in the back.


Tada! No air conditioner! It used to be in the upper left of the large windows in the front. Needs some paint touch up, but it already looks a LOT better.


Nice new evergreens and some yellow flowers that I can't remember the name of. I hope those evergreens start growing fast to hide the ugly meter!


Pretty new bushes in front of the living room windows. I also can't remember what these are called...cherry blossoms, maybe?


Our pretty new Crabapple tree that my mom convinced me to buy :)


Tomato seedlings I bought for our garden. Hopefully next year I'll have my act together to start my OWN seedlings.


Jason and my dad also ripped down the shed in the backyard--even though they were faced with a VERY angry possum living under the shed, they got it down. Such strong men!


Before.....


After!


Our house is really coming together :)

1 comments:

Rachel Drum said...

Sweeet that is exciting especially with warm weather help. I love landscaping and interior decorating stuffs..I think they have an annual plant sale coming up in Lincoln Square, I will let you know when it is...I would love to have a vegetable garden, for now it's a compost heap in the back, haha.