1.25.2010

Last week I was driving to work and felt a very strong urge to pray about adopting a baby. This wasn't completely out of left field, because we've talked about a desire to adopt ever since we were dating. But, it was never a serious consideration, or even thought. Just an "oh, I'd like to do that someday." I told Jason later on that I thought we should begin praying about it, and was very surprised that he had felt the same thing on his heart that morning, too.

So, we're praying. It's a weird thing to be praying about, for some reason. We don't have kids of our own yet, obviously, so we're praying about whether or not to have our own first, or to wait and adopt a baby first, or not adopt at all. We're praying for God's wisdom and guidance, as well as the financial means necessary to do it, if it's something He desires for us. We're finding out that domestic adoption can cost upwards of $15-20 thousand, and international adoption varies by country, around $6-20 thousand, depending on the country's need and economic situation.

If you have room on your prayer list, would you be praying for God's guidance for us? It's a big thing to think about, so we're obviously taking lots of time, and not jumping into anything. We'd appreciate all of the prayers we can get!

0 comments: