1.18.2010

On Sunday we had a meeting after church with our senior pastors, young adult pastor, and about 40 or 50 young adults from our church to talk about the future of the young adult ministry. We talked about things we need and want, things we want to change, things we like, things we don't like. It was a good meeting, I think. The senior pastors seemed to be surprised at some of the things we brought up or said, which is good--at least they heard us! The majority (I think) of people voiced opinions about getting rid of GodSearch, the young adult service on Sunday nights, in favor of more integration into the main church body. A few of us mentioned similar feelings about Revolution (high-school ministry), as well. The idea of a more unified church body seemed to be the overarching theme, which I am definitely in favor of!

We've decided to halt and put-off our "church-looking" for another year to see if change truly does seem to be in the works. I've been in too many discussions and too many meetings over the past almost 6 years about the young adult community, and seen no change, to sit around much longer. We definitely understand that change takes time, and this meeting did seem to be a strong jumping off point. I truly hope that something good comes out of it!

0 comments: