10.06.2010

Things have been surprisingly busy, even without Jason being home. While he was gone in Haiti, I got together with a lot of great friends, did a lot of cleaning, and had a house showing. Mojo and I had a lot of good quality time together, too. Actually, since Jason was gone, Mojo now hangs out with me a LOT more than Jason. He follows me around, won't come in unless it's me calling...it's pretty interesting.

I'm so glad Jason is home. My parents didn't understand why I was just so.excited. on Saturday night driving to the airport. Then I asked my mom, "well, have you ever been away from dad for 10 days? No? Well, then it's hard to understand!" It's amazing how much it felt like part of me was literally gone for the time that Jason wasn't home. Needless to say, I'm glad he's back.

In other news, I've been working on a project/proposal to Christie Clinic and Provena to see if it would be possible to start a women's resource center, offering many more services to women of childbearing age. It turned out great, and both the head of OB and our CEO really liked it. I'm not sure where it will go from here...if anywhere. We'll see!

ALSO in other news, I will be going down to part time in January. The details aren't totally worked out yet, but it's looking like it will be 8-1pm Monday-Friday. I am sooooo excited I can hardly stand it! I'm so looking forward to spending more time at home, keeping the house clean, gardening, working on my doula stuff, volunteering more, and maybe even getting ready for a baby, if it's God's timing.

On the house front, we still haven't sold it. Please keep it in your prayers. We're really hoping to move before the holidays, but it's not looking like that's going to pan out at this point. We've had a lot of great feedback about the house, we just haven't found the right buyer yet.

Lastly, we're thinking about selling my car and buying a (used) SUV. If you know anyone who might be interested in a 2007 Honda Civic, send them our way! We haven't talked about a price or anything yet, but we're putting feelers out :)

2 comments:

Gabe Thaman said...

Go to Rick Ridings out in Monticello and ask for Chris Mataya to help you out. He was wonderful to work with and didn't ever pressure us into doing anything we weren't comfortable with.

Also, their prices can't be beat. We got our 2009 Ford Explorer for $2-3,000 less than the next cheapest dealership on a similar vehicle.

If you go there, tell him we sent you. I believe their are referral perks for both of us!

Jill said...

Thanks for the recommendation! We'll check him out and tell him you sent us.