13w 1d, by my calculations! Hellooooo 2nd trimester!
The Belly: For the first time a couple of nights ago, I noticed that when I lay down I can actually feel my uterus and the baby bump. It doesn't "collapse" like a bloated belly does :) It's pretty amazing!!
(like my new hair color?)
Physically: Nausea is GONE, praise Jesus and knock on wood. I still get a little queasy if I don't eat often enough, but it's mostly all gone. Unfortunately, the nausea has been replaced by headaches, but that I can deal with! I've also started noticing that I get out of breath every now and then, and along with that usually comes some major heart pounding/palpitations. My friend Beth experienced that during her pregnancy, too, so at least I know I'm not crazy. It's a little unnerving when it's happening though, and the only thing that helps is to lay down and drink a load of water.
Weight: I've gained about 1/2 a pound in the last week or so, according to my scale here at home. It's definitely 130.?? depending on the time of day. Goodbye 120s! You will be missed. Even though I know it's a lot of boobs, blood volume, and very little baby, I still feel like I mostly look flabby. Jason told me today though that I'm "starting to look pregnant" (and that I look very beautiful, aww, he knows just what to say!).
Food Aversons: Well, you can scratch meat off that list. Last week I had the biggest craving for a mushroom swiss burger, and promptly scarfed the whole thing from Steak and Shake. It was DELISH and I could have eaten about 6 more. Vegetables are sort of grossing me out right now, but I'll eat a good salad if it's put in front of me.
Food Cravings: Popsicles, still, and fruity ice cream.
Feeling: Nervous/excited/short on time! I'm officially in the 2nd trimester now, and it's crazy how much we want to get done before baby comes. Luckily the "have to" list is rather short, it's the "want to" list that's really long! I'm still basking in the glow of hearing that precious heart beat!
Other: We've been totally blessed to get some awesome deals on baby stuff. My co-worker sold me her basically brand new Medela pump and tooooons of Dr. Brown and Medela bottles/nipples/pump accessories for only $75...probably paid over $500 for all of it. SO thankful for that!!! We also got a bunch of stuff from a woman from an email group I am part of--cloth diapers, bottle drying rack, dishwasher rack, a car mirror, and other various items. We're so thankful that we've been able to find so much awesome stuff for so little money :)
2 comments:
I am so glad you guys are getting some awesome deals on baby things!! Very exciting to have the nausea gone! I still have daily nausea. I am 17 weeks now so I am not sure when it plans to leave or if I will just have it for the duration. Oh well, I know it could be much much worse like it was the first several weeks!
Do you have nursery colors picked out yet, or at least "colors" of some kind? ;)
Post a Comment