2.11.2011


These are the nursery colors we're planning on using, with some cream and other neutrals thrown in. Honestly, I'd skip the pink and yellow, but since we don't know if it's a boy or girl, I figured I ought to have something slightly girly in there. I don't really like pink, but I think it looks okay with those other colors, which I do like.

My mom and I are going to make the bedding, curtains, etc... because I really don't like typical nursery themes. No offense to anyone out there, but I'm really not a "jungle," "woodland animals," "birds" or "classic Pooh" type person. I think we'll probably use a combination of polka dots, stripes, and alphabet letters. So, we'll see what we come up with!

Thanks for asking, Val :)

5 comments:

Springblom said...

I definitely think alphabet will be very cute and this looks very "you", from what I know of you!

I don't like pink either. I think purple is better, but even that has to be the right color or it bothers me severely. I'm funny about colors. :P

Unknown said...

I think it's wise to do semi-neutral! We have the alphabet, fun colors, etc. in our kids' room. They share a room (boy/girl) and they love it! :) I'm not really into the theme stuff either.

Michelle G. said...

Good call! That will be fun. Our favorite theme is "got it cheap at a garage sale."

Shannon said...

I was totally anti-pink...until my daughter fell madly in love w/ anything in any shade of pink. ;) So, it may grow on you, as it has for me!

Liz said...

i was against the typical nursery themes too...Ashton's is mostly patterns and a few animals...