16w1d, by my calculations. 5.5 months left. AHHH!
The Belly: I can feel how big my womb has gotten through my abdomen when I am laying down--it's so cool!! It ends just below my belly button, hence the belly!
Physically: Feeling great. Cold is gone, nausea is gone 99% of the time, and headaches have (mostly) subsided. I felt the baby move for the first time on Friday, which was soooo cool. I can only feel it at night, when I'm laying down, and mostly when I'm laying on my left side. I thought it was ::ahem:: bubbles at first, but it kept happening, so I am pretty positive it's the baby. The midwife said that it's definitely possible at this point.
Weight: Up to 132! Only about 3 pounds, so I'm expecting some higher numbers here pretty soon. Though, with Jason being on a low carb diet, I may shed some fat even without trying too. I'm hoping not, since I know I need it, so I might have to sneak in some trips to DQ or something :)
Food Aversons: Still red sauce. And saltines. I think I ate too many at the beginning of pregnancy that now they just gross me out.
Food Cravings: Everything I can get my hands on. No joke. I'm hungry all.the.time.
Feeling: Excited! We got to hear the heartbeat again at my 16 week appointment today, and it was LOUD and clear, unlike last time. We heard the baby move around a couple of times, too, which was neat. Sonogram is scheduled for 3 weeks from now, and I can't wait to "meet" this little person inside of me!
I am also feeling more and more confident with our decision to stay at Carle with the midwives. We tossed around the idea of a homebirth, but neither one of us feel confident enough with that decision to switch out of Carle's care. Depending on how my birth goes, we might for the next one (WAY down the road), but for now, I feel really good in the hands of the midwives there. They have all been wonderful so far, and 99% of my experiences with them as a doula have been great, too. I have no doubt that they will give me the best care for me and my baby.
Other: umm...nothing else that I feel comfortable enough posting on a blog, how about that? hah.
0 comments:
Post a Comment