HALFWAY!!! Holy cow. Can you believe it?! I'm guessing you can since you're probably getting sick of reading pregnancy updates that you don't care about, but I can't believe it. It's going by so fast!
The Belly: Definitely not "hideable" anymore. Look at it grow! Baby's the size of a banana (or cantaloupe, depending on the website), which is crazy to me. The human body is so amazing, with how much it can alter itself to support a new life growing.
Physically: I just am really enjoying this now. Remember when I said I hated being pregnant? Well, those days are surely gone. The baby is kicking and moving around more and more each day, and it's just enthralling to feel. I find myself smiling when I feel it wiggle in there, and I love it. Sleeping is starting to get more difficult, and I am sooo thankful for my 100-inch-long (no joke) pillow from Overstock.com. Since I have to sleep on my side now, that thing supports my back, my neck, and my hips, and I starting having to put another pillow under my belly this week, too, otherwise I wake up with major pain/cramping in my ligaments. Jason commented that I had a "fortress" built around me. It's true, but it's necessary! I really wish I could just have one solid night of sleep, though, without waking up so much. I'm also pretty convinced that my baby is going to be awake around 3:30 each morning, because I wake up then and am WIDE awake for about an hour. It stinks! Hopefully soon I'll get a good night's sleep, but I fear they are no longer in my future.
Weight: Up to 138 by my scale. 9 pounds, now. Amazing how not even one pound of that is the baby, yet!
Food Aversons: Not much! I don't like the sound of heavy, rich foods lately. And man oh man are Tums becoming a good friend of mine.
Food Cravings: Sour patch kids, eating lemons (sorry to my cousin/dentist Rebecca, if you're reading this...), sour slushies, lime popsicles...anything sour I can get my hands on!
Feeling: ...like I want it to slow down! First trimester seemed to last foreeeeever, just trying to make it through each day. Now that I'm past the rough part and really enjoying being pregnant, the days fly by too fast. I can't believe I am halfway done!
Other: FINALLY done registering. I am not good at making decisions in my pregnant-state! I have to go back and change some things, but I think we're done. The last part was the hardest, registering for cloth diapers. I am going mostly with BabyKicks AIO pocket dipes, some BumGenius (got a few used ones), some FuzziBunz (though I think I like the BabyKicks better, so I might just switch those out for BabyKicks on my registry...they are basically the same diaper, though). I also picked out a couple of more expensive ones just to try, but I sincerely doubt anyone will buy us ONE $27 diaper. Ridiculous how expensive that brand is...and now I can't even remember what brand it was. I picked out a few prefolds and covers, but I don't actually think I want to use those, so I may take those off, too. Ahhh the choices. Good thing B. Lime has an amazing host of options to choose from!
The biggest news that I think is "safe" to announce now...I am officially going to be quitting my job in July. July 22nd, to be exact. That will give me a few weeks before baby comes to relax and "get ready." I turned in my letter of resignation a couple of weeks ago, in a tearful meeting with my manager. I don't think she was super-surprised, because she knows what I value in life. She was very supportive of me staying on until July, which I was so thankful for. I can honestly and truly say that I have LOVED working for Christie Clinic. I haven't loved my specific job all the time, since I'm not good at sitting at a desk for long periods of time, but the people that Christie is comprised of, and the way the company is run is second to none. I can't imagine a better manager, co-workers, or even CEO. The company is so focused on bettering it's team members, and I have grown so much working there. I will truly, truly miss the people that I work with, and the people that I work for. I am so excited to be a SAHM, though. I know it will be hard work in and of itself, but I know it will be totally rewarding.
20 weeks to go!
1 comments:
OMG, I love this news!! I am so happy for you Jill, your dream has come true after so long, hee! I'm so thankful you are able to be home with the baby and not have to worry about juggling two full time jobs (work and motherhood). I'm also so happy you are really savoring each day of pregnancy and that there's no more morning sickness, yay!!
Post a Comment