4.12.2011

My mom told me I look big for how far along I am. She said, "You look more like you're 6 months pregnant!" Then I reminded her that I almost AM 6 months pregnant! ::insert shocked face here:: The baby will be here so soon!

The Belly: It feels ginormous, but when I think about a 1 pound, foot-long baby in there, I can't believe it fits. I am soooo thankful for all of the maternity clothes that have been handed down to me or loaned to me. (shout out to Joanna for this adorable shirt!)


Physically: The baby is moving like crazy!! I feel like it's doing gymnastics in there. It's so amazing, I know I am going to really miss that feeling once s/he is out. I'm starting to notice more and more that my tummy is getting in the way of things (like putting on socks and shoes!) and my back is starting to hurt more. Thank goodness for an awesome chiropractor

So far no stretch marks, and I am smearing belly butter on me religiously, praying that I don't get any. But, I'm told that stuff doesn't actually do anything, it's mostly genetic. If that truly is the case, I'm SOL.

Weight: Up to 139.8 by my scale. Almost 11 pounds. I'm expecting to gain at least a pound a week from now on. 

Food Aversons: Rich, heavy foods don't sound good to me, but pretty much everything else does :)

Food Cravings: Anything I can get my hands on!

Feeling: Honesty time. I drift between being super, totally excited to being in a state of "ohmygosh what on earth have we gotten ourselves into/ I don't know if I'm ready for this/ I don't want to have this baby/ I miss doing things I could do 6 months ago/ I want my body back!!!" Mostly though, I'm excited. I hear it's "normal" (hah-what IS normal in pregnancy?!) to have all sorts of conflicting feelings, so I don't feel too guilty about sometimes freaking out.

Nothing else too exciting to note. 18 weeks to go (holy cow).

2 comments:

Springblom said...

So, this shirt is absolutely adorable on you! I want to look this cute when I'm pregnant. :) And almost 6 months?? WOW. Can't believe it. :)

Joanna said...

Yay! I'm glad you like the shirt. =)