I didn't make a ton of money doula-ing last year, if I'm going to be completely honest :) It's not the most lucrative field. But luckily, that's not why I do it!! I did save quite a bit of it, trying to decide what to do with it...and I have decided. Well, I decided 3 weeks ago, actually. I ordered an ipad! I debated for a long time about an ipad vs. an iphone vs. an ipod touch, and decided on the ipad because it's got a bigger screen for reading books, and I am planning on using it as an e-reader.
The box came on Thursday....literally the minute I was walking out the door to go to my friend's birth!! I had been waiting alllllll day for it, but I had to put it inside and leave it alone. We were at my parent's house all weekend, so I got to play with it for the first time last night. It's beautiful and shiny and white, and I got an orange case for it. I had one of my favorite quotes engraved on the back, "When a child is born, so is a mother." I haven't learned all the ins and outs of it yet, but it's so cool!! I love it, and am glad I got it. I found a couple of apps that I love so far:
Cozi--I use the website for this, and the app is GREAT. It's a tool to keep your family organized, with calendars, tasks, shopping lists, etc... It's free and I love it.
MoMolite--Motivated Moms, is actually what it's called. It's a simple app that just gives you daily cleaning/tasks to help you stay on top of house work and other stuff. It's great! It even puts "quiet time," "read to your kids," and specific Bible reading on the list. I love it, and again, free!
Contraction Master--this pretty much just times contractions, but it's an awesome tool. I recommend it to my clients that have smart phones, b/c it's an easy way to keep track of contractions without having to do the math. It will come in handy sooner than we know!!
That's all, so far. I love it, though, and am sure it will get a looooot of use during those late night feedings :)
4.25.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment