As of today, 41 days until my "due date."
The Belly: My belly is definitely getting bigger. I can feel the baby taking up a lot more room, and also moving less, which I assume is because of that. The tank top in this picture covered my belly no problem a few weeks ago, but now I have to keep pulling it down (and then up, and then down...). While my belly is obviously growing, it still doesn't feel as big as I expected it to feel at this point. When I look down, I expect it to be a lot bigger than it looks. Oh well, I still have a few weeks to make it get that way!
Physically: the Braxton Hicks contractions have not been around as much this week, though I'm not sure what the difference is. The baby's movements feel a lot stronger, which is so neat. Though sometimes I'm convinced it's trying to dig it's way out through my belly button. I still don't have any stretch marks, praise God! And yes, I actually am thanking God for not having stretch marks. It really is an almost-fear of mine. Not that I ever plan on wearing a bikini again, but it is nice knowing that (at least for now) my stomach has been spared the red marks. I'm sure I'll at least have a few by the time this kid comes out, but it's exciting that I've gotten this far without them. Call me vain if you want to, just being honest!
Weight: Back down to 148 today...? Not sure what that's about. I got on the scale 5 times this morning just to make sure. I don't know, maybe it's just water weight fluctuation. Who knows. We'll see what Carle's scale says tomorrow!
Food Aversons: Anything rich, and big meals. I had 1.5 bowls of salad, soup, and a breadstick today for lunch at Olive Garden and I felt like my stomach was exploding. In the past, I could have eaten about 3 bowls of soup, and twice as many breadsticks. Being able to eat more in one sitting is one thing I miss, but it is kind of nice to just eat all day long now.
Food Cravings: Anything cold, which I am attributing to the weather, which is the opposite of that.
Feeling: Still feeling really good. The tiredness sets in after a long day (or a series of long days, like this weekend), but otherwise I'm not really uncomfortable. Every now and then the baby will kick or lay weird and that bugs me, but overall I feel great. I've been doing my squats, kegels, and pelvic rocking excercises, and walking, and I definitely think that's helping my comfort level.
Baby: Still head down, still kicking my right side. Getting stronger and bigger every day! Last week I was feeling girl, but each week I seem to go back and forth, so I will truly be surprised when this kiddo comes out!
Other: Mojo is getting BETTER AT LISTENING!! Seriously, I have no idea what changed, but it's like a lightbulb went on in his rather small head about 3 days ago. He now comes when called, even when not on a leash! Well, I should clarify--he comes to me when I call him. He even comes inside now without me having to chase him around the yard and threaten to beat him with a stick (which I would of course never actually do). He also is getting really good at "drop it," when he has something in his mouth that he shouldn't. Said objects are usually socks, clothespins, or dryer sheets. Anyway, I'm super duper thankful that he's getting better at listening. It's a huge weight off my shoulders!
Time for some ice cream!!
1 comments:
I'm excited for you! I love reading your weekly updates. You look like you are carrying "low" which may be why you don't feel big when you look down, and it's also supposed to mean you are having a girl. So... maybe... ;) Truly we will all be surprised when we find out. :) Also maybe Mojo is having sympathy with you because he realizes you are pregnant. Dogs have a sense about these things... :)
Post a Comment