7.13.2011

As of today, 34 days until my "due date."

The Belly: I still don't feel "huge," but I do feel like my belly can't expand much more! Everything feels very tight in there, and I'm afraid if I bump a corner it will pop! Hah, just realized I am wearing the same sweats in this picture as I was last week. I love them!! I got them at the Gap outlet with a matching lightweight robe I'm going to take to the hospital with me.


Physically: Feeling good. Tired more, but good. Baby's movements are getting sharper, and I can really identify either a knee or foot on my right side, especially at night. It pokes out and looks so funny! Last night I was wide awake from about 4-5:30 a.m. wondering if I was in labor already. I obviously was not, but I was feeling some pretty hard cramping, and couldn't really put my finger on it. Wasn't really BH contractions, didn't feel like what I imagine "real" contractions feel like...maybe somewhere in the middle? who knows. I did a bunch of pelvic rocking and propped myself up on my knees and elbows for awhile, and it went away.

I have not experienced many of the "pleasant" things that happen towards the end of pregnancy, which is fine by me :) I haven't made any nursing pads yet, so that whole leaking thing can stay away for a few more days! (Side note: my friend Lydia is SUPER crafty. I mean super. If you get jealous of crafty/sewing people, don't read her blog. Otherwise, you should, because she has some awesome things on it, like how to make your own nursing pads.)

Weight: Waffling (haha) between 148 and 150 here at home, 152 fully clothed at Carle last week at my 34 week appointment.

Food Aversons: Big meals

Food Cravings: Popsicles!!

Feeling: Starting to feel more emotionally overwhelmed, which I am attributing to hormones. We have most of the "stuff" ready for baby (carseat, crib, stroller, diapers, bassinet), but now that birth is looming, it's starting to get more overwhelming. I know that I am as physically and mentally prepared for birth as I can be, but the idea of the complete unknown, of which I have absolutely NO control over is slightly scary. I'm just praying that I'll be able to stay calm and just trust that God and my body will get me through it. 

Baby: Still on the small side, still head down, still kicking my right side. Way to go, consistency.

Other: The nursery is almost completely done! My mom is driving down this weekend with our rocking chair that she recovered for us (she got a STEAL at a garage sale! Go mom!), as well as the bookshelf that goes a top the dressers that we have. I'm starting to  think about what is going to go in the hospital bag, creating a couple of play lists, and working on my phone tree list. 

Oh, and have I mentioned that I have 7 days left of work? SEVEN! That is insane to me. Sad, happy, insane. I did get offered a great part time opportunity for after the baby is born, working 10 or less hours/week in the evenings or on Saturday mornings. I will wait to elaborate on that for a couple of weeks, but it's a huge answer to prayer, financially and scheduling wise. 

If you would like to join us in prayer, now would be great! Please pray that the baby stays healthy and active these last few weeks, and that we have a great team of nurses and providers at our birth. Also please pray for Jason and I to be filled with peace as we get closer to D-day. Of course the number 1 thing is to have a healthy baby and healthy me when it's all said and done. Thanks for partnering with us in prayer!

1 comments:

Lydia said...

aww thanks for my shout out. That was really sweet. (Just an FYI, those nursing pads are a pretty time consuming task, be prepared for that. Its a lot of cutting and sewing.)