Today my sweet, precious little girl is one year old. The past 24 hours have been full of quietly reminiscing for me, thinking about my labor and delivery (the good and the bad!!), those first few days, and how fast my peanut is growing up, and is no longer a peanut. It breaks my heart just a little bit, though I know this is just how things are supposed to work. I wonder if it ever gets easier? Probably not. It's just going so.fast.
I'm utterly amazed at the miraculous capabilities of the human body, to go from a helpless, tiny newborn to a walking (running), talking, crazy toddler in just 365 days. WOW! I can't wait to see what the next year brings.
Today we had a small family party for Annabelle, with a couple of very close friends from church, too. We weren't going to have a party for her, but made a last minute decision to do so. Here are some shots of the day!
 |
Nothing fancy...just pink and white "themed" decorations.
|
 |
| I got these vases at the $$ store, and the roses for $6.99 at County Market--they bloomed gorgeously!! The perfect simple centerpiece for the tables. |
 |
| I got this bib at Hobby Lobby and added the pink circle and the number 1 to it to match the onesie I made her. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. |
 |
| What's a birthday without balloons?! Every store in town was out of helium, except (apparently) County Market. Phew! |
 |
| Banner that I made out of card stock and the leftover fabric from her onesie/bib. That was pretty much the extent of my decorations :) |
 |
| Auntie Lisa came, wearing just the right colors! |
 |
| Annabelle and Hazel checking each other out. |
 |
| Check out my cool hat that Gramma got me! |
 |
| I can't reach them!! |
 |
| Annabelle's "smash" cake (it was a sugar free carrot cake with cream cheese frosting) |
 |
| The "grown up" cake--chocolate with cream cheese frosting |
 |
| Annabelle enjoying her cake (not very messy!) |
 |
| Annabelle and Momma |
 |
| Showing off her new trike from Grandpa Rackow |
 |
| Happy Family :) |
0 comments:
Post a Comment