Likes:
She LOVES her stroller from the Daugherty's. They gave her some hand-me-down toys (that look barely used!!), and she just will not stop pushing that stroller around. It's adorable! I have lots of photos on my ipad, but none on this computer. She also loves swimming, playing with friends, running around...she's just so fun :)
Dislikes:
She definitely dislikes diaper changes, still. She also doesn't like sitting still for any given length of time. Mommy really appreciates nap times, that's for sure! She still dislikes bananas, but will eat basically anything else.
Height: Annabelle is 29.5 inches long. We decided on a door post that we want to make our official "kid measuring post," so we drew the first tick mark on her 1 year birthday. Annabelle is wearing 18 month clothes because of her height, but man are they baggy on her. She is in the 50th percentile for height.
Weight: 19.5 pounds on her birthday. She's in the 15th percentile for weight, but she doesn't look skinny to me! She looks pretty normal. Who knows.
New Things:
What isn't new? A few to note from the past month:
She got a new projector/white noise machine. One of the projection slides has jungle animals on it. When a giraffe went past, she pointed to it (she points at everything now), and then turned and pointed to the giraffe decal on her wall! wow, I was astonished.
"Talking" on the phone. She'll hold it up to her ear, so she obviously knows how it works.
When I say, "Shake your booty!" she dances. It's adorable. She pretty much dances anytime she hears anything that sounds remotely like music. She's taking after her aunt Lisa, apparently!
Waving hello and goodbye regularly and when cued.
She "helps" me get dressed; she knows when to stick her arms in her sleeves, and will bring me her shoes if I ask her to.
She also helps with the laundry. She will stand in front of the open dryer, and I'll hand her one item from the washer at a time for her to put in the dryer. Mommy's little helper!
Hiding things--constantly. I know to her it's not hiding, it's just putting things places, but it's hilarious to me. I found one of her shoes in my bathroom drawer, a fairy doll that she has in the tupperware cabinet, bathtime foam letters in her diaper pail...it cracks me up when I find someone somewhere it doesn't belong.
Climbing the stairs if I don't shut the gate...she loves to, and she knows she's not supposed to. She gets this sly grin on her face and goes as fast as she can up the stairs, once she sees that I'm watching. little stinker.
Brings me books to read and turns the pages herself.
Brings me toys to play with, and hands me things to do when she thinks it's my turn.
That's about all I can think of for now...
Photos!
![]() |
| Swinging at the park |
| Her birthday root beer float from Destihl...we drank most of it and just let her have a tiny bit, don't worry :) |
| Posing in her swim suit at Sholem |
| Play date with her friend Caleb |
| Showing off daddy's art! |
| Swimming at Sholem |
| Posing in her new ride from Grams and Gramps |
| Grams helping Annabelle up the stairs at the park |
| Annabelle leading Gramps around the park |

0 comments:
Post a Comment