1.02.2013

...went surprisingly well, overall. I was honestly anticipating hours of screaming, to tell you the truth.

Annabelle went to sleep initially like a PRO. We did our routine, and she fell asleep with no tears. Hooray! I had to walk her back to bed 10 or 15 times, but she handled it great. She didn't wake up until 12:30 am. Jason went in, and he had a rough go of it. She cried intermittently for about 30 minutes. Never hysterical, just more protesting yells. He had her asleep a couple of times, but didnt wait long enough to leave the room, so she heard him leave when he shut her gate and woke up both times. Our "limit" for each person is 30 minutes at a time unless she is almost asleep or it's going really smoothly, so I went in at that point. She cried for a minute, but fell asleep quickly for me, doing the same routine of putting her down and then sitting by her door. She was finally asleep by about 1:15. I waited in her room until 1:30 in case she woke up again, but she didn't.

She woke up again at 2:30 (darn). It was suuuuper easy to get her back to sleep this time. I walked her back to bed, rubbed her back for a minute, and sat sort of by her bed this time, but still not interacting with her. She smiled at me, closed her eyes, rolled around a lot, and went to sleep. Hooray! It took maybe five minutes, tops. No crying, no nursing.

She slept until 5, then woke up and was wide awake. I picked her up and brought her into bed with us, and she nursed to sleep (she was thrilled!). We slept until 8:30. She nursed once or twice while in bed with us, but I was so tired I didn't care. Plus, since it was after 3:30, she was technically "allowed" to nurse.

So, overall, for her first night of not getting to nurse, and having to go to sleep on her own, she did amazingly well. I am so proud of my baby! 7 more nights until (theoretically) I get a full night's sleep.

0 comments: