1.01.2013

Happy New Year! We had a great time last night having a "grown up sleepover" with our friends in Mahomet. We had a yummy dinner, and then the kids stayed up until 8, then conked out pretty quickly. We watched New Year's Eve (cute movie!), and then rang in the new year with a game of Settlers of Catan, complete with cotton-candy-laced champagne--yummo! Unfortunately, Annabelle woke up in the middle of our game and had trouble going back to sleep, so I bowed out of the game (even though I was WINNING for once) to cuddle her back to sleep. Annabelle was merciful to us and slept until almost 9 this morning, so we got to sleep in a little bit.

I didn't make resolutions last year...I was still in the "omigoshIhaveababy" phase of life (does that really ever end?!), and I was just trying to figure out how to make my life function. This year, I do have a few things in mind that I want to achieve, and I feel like God has given me a few words to keep in mind, too.

For the last couple of months, I have felt a season of saying "no" coming up. I have been trying to scale back commitments and, and being more prayerful about what I do say yes to. I feel like God is telling me that 2013 needs to be a year of "centering," "focusing," and "being intentional." I need to be centering my life around my daughter, my husband, my home, and most of all, my spiritual growth. I need to focus on those things, and spend less time doing things that don't fall into those categories. Most of all, I need to be intentional about everything that I choose to do--nothing half-way.

Resolutions for 2013:
1. Get Annabelle sleeping through the night. In turn, be more intentional about spending quality time with Jason in the evenings after Annabelle goes to sleep.
2. Get pregnant :)
3. Spend more intentional time playing WITH Annabelle, and not just occupying her while I work on other things in the same room. I also want to be more intentional about doing educational activities with her.
4. Stick to a better routine around the house, but not stress out if things aren't perfect!
5. Actually get through the one-year Bible. I made it pretty far in 2012, but I quit about half-way through. Maybe this will be my year :)
6. Start running again. Just do it. No distance or time requirements. Just running.

Happy 2013! Hopefully I can stay on top of these things throughout the year, and be more centered, focused, and intentional about my family and home life.

0 comments: