8.17.2010


We've switched back to (mostly) a cash budget, for various reasons. I was really tired of boring old blank envelopes, so I decided to put my scrap booking stuff to good use (I am not a scrap-booker, but I received some supplies as a gift), and make a fun envelope book!

I chose my patterned paper, and then cut a template of an envelope. I used my sewing machine to sew the envelopes together--much more fun than glue! Then I decorated the envelopes, put the categories on them, and fashioned it into a book. I covered two thick pieces of cardboard with paper, punched holes in all of the envelopes, and tied it all together with fun yarn. Here's some photos of the final product!













6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's absolutely gorgeous Jill! :D Great job!

Priscilla said...

Those are cute, Jill!

Atkins Family Blog said...

That's really cool, JIll! My friends mom does this kind of thing with a lot of her stuff too. Like, even just her toothbrush holder is cool and her broom/dustpan is super cute. Love it!

Kara said...

That is a great idea!!!!

Lois Doyle said...

You could go into business selling these! I would definitely purchase at least one! LOL
Great job and your mom would be soooooo proud!

Calla Cuff said...

Seriously!! You are one talented chick!! I'm loving your blog Jill!! Wish we weren't so far away...