6.07.2011

69 days left. Holy. Cow.

The Belly: Definitely "popped out" the last few weeks. By the end of the day it feels like there is no way it can stretch or grow anymore than it has. My lungs are getting squished, my stomach is getting squished, and I can't believe this baby is going to at least double in size from here until the end, hopefully a little more than that. Yikes! Someone at work today said, "Woah, Jill, you're looking very pregnant!" Why yes, yes I am. Shouldn't I by now? :)



Physically: The restless leg thing can really go away anytime. I'm doing okay, but most nights I have to realllly focus on progressive relaxation for my legs to stop squirming. Indigestion is also popping up, big time, basically no matter what I eat. Luckily it's not too bad, and I can usually handle it without taking Tums! I've also noticed a lot more spider veins in my legs (lovely), and the phenomenon my mom warned me about: "My legs got a lot more lumpy when I was pregnant!" Yes, that's happening too. Why, I am not sure, but cellulite must be just another lovely side effect of growing life, I guess! Oh, the joy. 

Weight: Down a pound this week...not sure what that's about except I've done a LOT of walking the last week due to vacation in Indy and just trying to make a concerted effort to get exercise. I also just haven't been as hungry, but whatever. I feel okay, which is most important, I guess! 

Food Aversons: Heavy, rich things, still. And super spicy things. Anything that causes the all-too-common-these-days-indigestion.

Food Cravings: ICE CREAM!!! I can't get enough. I had two bowls today, alone! Yummy. It's protein and calcium, right?

Feeling: Starting to get a lot more nervous. We did 30 minutes of "labor practice" at the Bradley class last night, trying different positions and having our coaches (husbands) support us verbally and physically. I was overwhelmed by the end of it, almost to tears. Labor is so hard, and can be so long, and I've seen so many women reach that breaking point. I'm just nervous about the pain, I guess. I can say, "I know it hurts, but you're doing so well!" to as many women as I want, but it's a lie...I don't know that it hurts, I've never experienced that pain. I'm really getting nervous about it. BUT, I also know that I am perfectly capable of handling the pain if I choose to be. It's going to be a total mental game, and I'm praying that I'll be able to handle it.

Baby: This child gets the hiccups an INSANE amount. At least 2 times a day. It was cute at first, but now it's just getting kind of bothersome! Plus, I feel bad for the poor thing. I hear it's a sign of strong lungs though, so yay for that. The baby is definitely head down, which I can tell because of where I feel different body parts, and where the hiccups are. S/he also definitely prefers the right side of my body...I hardly ever feel any body parts over on my left side, but I always am getting kicked and jabbed on the right. I wonder if that means s/he will be right handed? Who knows, I'm just making that up. 

I really want to have another ultrasound. I couldn't see much on the first one, and I'm dying to see my little baby again! My friend works at the pregnancy resource center in town, and she said I could come in and get one done, so I may just take her up on that.

Other: Nothing I can think of...

0 comments: