

But, alas, they are at least $50, plus the baskets, and there is no way we could afford that. I had been really wanting one for a long time to organize Annabelle's toys in the living room. But, I knew it was out of the budget, so I didn't really think that it was a possibility.
Then one day, God knew I was going to be at Goodwill. I walked back to the furniture section on a whim, and found it. A lovely light pink 9-cube shelf for $7! It is missing a few screws, and it is pink, but it was $7. Woot! I snatched it right up. The guy said he had put it out on the floor only a few minutes before. Score!
We got a can of black spray paint at Lowe's, and now are mid-project with it. Unfortunately, 2 cans of spray paint have not been enough to cover this bad boy yet. Spray paint is only $3, though, so it's not a huge deal. Here is a sneak peak of my shelf, waiting for the third can of spray paint:
Now I just have to find some cute baskets to put in the shelves. Hoping I can get some pretty baskets at Hobby Lobby when they have them 50% off...we'll see what we find.
2 comments:
Or you could make your own baskets! Might be a little cheaper. :)
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/09/fabric-storage-boxes-per-your-request.html
or
http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2010/04/craft-room-part-1.html
Hey- you can get black spray paint from wal-mrt at .98 cents a can! (both glossy/flat finishes)
Post a Comment