Obviously now there is no "unclean" food for Christians, so the fast is not about that. But it is about trusting in God to provide for our needs. I'm very, very excited about these next 21 days! I'm also fasting facebook and the web-forums I belong to. My main prayer focuses are going to be on trusting God with our future, and really feeling the passion for Him like I used to. On a more practical note, I'm also going to try to stick to a very structured schedule for my week days. I feel like my life spins out of control sometimes, because I have no structured schedule. So, as best as I can, I'm going to try and keep one. Obviously things will come up (and moms will give birth!), but I really need to try harder to schedule in things that I should be doing. So, we'll see how this goes!! Today's worship was already more powerful than most, and I think everyone just has a great air of anticipation around them, waiting for God to move. So exciting!!
Daniel fast
Today starts day 1 of our 21-day Daniel fast. Our whole church is encouraged to participate, barring any health/medical issues. It's basically a vegan diet (no animal products, including dairy and eggs), and no added sugar/sweetener of any type. No processed products, and only unleavened bread. Also only water to drink. The fast is based on the book of Daniel in the Bible, when he chose to avoid the food the king wanted to serve him, because it was unclean. He told the king that if he was allowed to eat only fruits, vegetables, nuts/seeds and water, he would be stronger than the other men eating the other foods. He ended up being smarter, wiser, stronger, and more healthy because of his fast. God blessed him for obeying Him and not eating "unclean" food.
0 comments:
Post a Comment