3.20.2010

So far physically, the fast is going fine. We've stuck to it without much trouble. Spiritually though, neither one of us have really dedicated the time to seeking out God like we wanted to. Jason has done better than me! For some reason last week, at some point during the night, I turned my alarm clock off. I NEVER do this!! Instead of getting up at 5:30 like I intended, I was waking up at 7:30, with a mad-dash to get to work by 8. The crazy thing is that I don't remember turning my alarm off at night, and I very clearly remember setting it before going to bed. So...I may have to to move my alarm clock across the room.

Though my time with God has actually been limited, I have felt prompting to give up more than I am. This fast isn't that hard for us, because we eat like this most of the time anyway. Granted we usually have a little MORE food, and we usually eat dairy and organic cereals/granola, but we haven't felt like we've been lacking much. So, after feeling a "heart nudge," I'm going to be doing a liquids-only fast until Easter. Smoothies, juices, hot (decaf) tea, and organic veggie soup broth. I have thought about "what about if I have to be at a birth?" and have decided to let myself have luna bars, if I don't have time to get smoothies made, or pack juice.

I still have a feeling of anticipation, that God is going to do something, I'm just not sure what, yet.

1 comments:

Rachel Drum said...

I admire you Jill. I too have been feeling that my "feast time" hasn't come in the form of reading the Bible, but on reflection, meditation, and time to create mental clarity for myself, without the distractions of typical work, social internet sites, and buying, preparing, and eating food. I am doing a full fast, called The Master Cleanse. It's pretty controversial and a big step for me, but God is pulling through and showing me so much about myself, and encouraging me in my decisions. Good job for taking a real challenge for yourself.