3.20.2010

Hoorah! I've finally gotten my act together to plan out my garden for this year, and plant our seedlings in their "starter" tray. Technically I think they're supposed to have 10 weeks in the tray, but I think 7-8 weeks would probably be fine... who knows. I guess we'll find out!!

I mapped out our garden on Excel, and I'm excited for it this year! We learned a lot last year of things we need to do (check the soil ph, get a week blocker or mulch, build a trellis for tomatoes, NOT plant certain things). I think this year should be successful.

We will be planting:
  • Cucumbers
  • Yellow Squash
  • Butternut Squash
  • Sweet Peas
  • Early Girl Tomatoes
  • Roma Tomatoes
  • Cherry Tomatoes
  • Red Peppers
  • Poblano Peppers
  • Carrots
  • Yellow Onions
  • Red Onions
  • Spinach
  • Eggplant
  • Black Beans (for the fun of it!)
We planted more pepper varieties last year, and it wasn't worth it. They took up a lot of room, and didn't yield much. Tomatoes and squash were a winner last year. We're trying new things in the onions, spinach, and black beans, mostly for the fun of it. I'm excited to see how it all turns out!!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey Jill, Just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm praying for you. Miss you!

Stephanie

Trish W. said...

I've heard of all of them except "early girl tomatoes" ... and I am very impressed with the black beans! Great doing lunch today, doula!