1.07.2011

We had our first midwife appointment at Carle yesterday, with Vanessa. She was great! We didn't "do" anything except sit and talk, which was nice. It's too early to hear the baby's heartbeat with the doppler since I'm still only in my 8th week. She said by week 10 we should be able to hear it. We talked about basic first trimester stuff, how I'm feeling, what I should expect, classes Carle offers for later on, etc etc. I told her we're going to take the Bradley class, as well as a bunch of the Carle classes, and that we're planning on having a doula, and want a natural (preferably water) birth. Nothing too exciting.

Our next appointment will be at 12 weeks, but we won't have another ultrasound until 18 weeks since we declined the genetic screening. It seems like so long to wait to see my little one again!

The nausea has started to let up during the day, and hits hard at night now. My friend Michelle recommended Mint Water, and that stuff is great! It's really refreshing on an upset tummy. Thanks Michelle :) Other than that, frozen fruit bars and sleeping are the only things that bring any relief.

This morning I was running my hand over my tummy and noticed the tinyest little "bump." I've expanded quite a bit from, well, eating all the time (and being bloated...lovely part of pregnancy), but this morning's little bump is pretty hard and doesn't "suck in." I'm sure no one but me and maybe Jason would notice it because you totally can't tell when I have clothes on, and I really only felt it when I was laying down. Anyway, it's neat. I'm not expecting to "show" until much later, but it's nice to know that something is in there. According to thebump.com, baby is wiggling it's hands and feet like crazy right now, which is just amazing. I can't believe that in 4.5 weeks my baby has gone from the size of a pooppyseed to the size of a raspberry. It's insane!!

Anyway, that's all. Sorry for the boring update. That's probably mostly what you'll get until August! :)

Oh, question for you moms (or other preggos) out there: Has anyone bought their own doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat at home? Are they worth it?

0 comments: