1.12.2011

9 weeks yesterday.

The Belly: not much baby, but definitely more bloat :)











S
ymptoms: Nausea, sore (and huge) chest, hormonal, food aversions, going to the bathroom at least once per hour, and 2-3 times per night.

Weight: 130. I feel like an elephant, but according to the scale have only gained about a pound since I found out.

Food Aversons: change daily.

Cothes: None of my pants button or clasp, so I tried a Be Band from Target. It stinks. It rides up in the back which doesn't hold my pants up. So, I caved and bought one pair of maternity work pants, and am just folding the band over the waist. Shirt-wise, very few of my fitted shirts look even remotely flattering on me anymore, so I'm going out shopping tonight. My bra size is up from a 32C to a 34D...which is insane to me, though I am not complaining :)

Feeling: not really anything, honestly. I'm not all giddy with excitement, though "Yeah, we're excited" is all I can think to say to anyone who congratulates us. I'm feeling a bit nervous about birth itself and am considering looking into homebirth. Jason says he's excited, but I think he's mostly saying that to make me feel good.

Names: Surprisingly easy. We've picked them out, already, and it took about 10 minutes of actual discussion. If it's a boy, Josiah Eaton Rackow, and if it's a girl, Annabelle Jean Rackow. (Jason already has a nickname for the girl name--Little Waffle. Because if you say "BelleJeanRackow" really fast it sort of sounds like "Belgian Waffle." lol!)

Other: crazy, crazy dreams. Like woah.


We went to a cloth diaper class on Sunday to learn about the different types, so we can keep our eyes out for good deals on the ones we like. We're going to get a variety, but I'm pretty sure the All-in-Ones are the ones I'm going to like the most. Of course my favorite ones are the newest ones that are $27/ea.... they go from teeny newborn size all the way THROUGH potty-training--they convert to pull-ups. Love. We'll see what we end up getting though. I did get 8 used fuzzy buns AIOs for $8/ea, and a package of gDiapers (Jason likes those) at 35% off. Other than that, the only thing I've bought for baby is ONE onsie. I am so proud of myself. But, I also am forbidden from buying anything else....

I've been really blessed so far that a few friends have given me some maternity clothes for summer time--super duper thankful for that! Our "Maternity/Baby" bin in the basement is officially full. THANK YOU to those of you out there :)


Other than that...life as usual.

0 comments: