First you should know: to get to our front door, there is a cement sidewalk, and then 3 cement steps up into the landing of our house. To let Mojo outside, we usually put on his flexi-leash, and we open the door and let him go out, then close the storm door and stand inside holding the leash while he goes potty. When he's ready to come in, he runs back up and we let him in. Pretty easy, and we don't have to go outside, which is nice.
So last night we had some friends over, and Mojo rang his bell on the door to let him out. I opened the storm door and before I knew what was happening, Mojo BOLTED outside. It was dark out, so I couldn't see anything, and it was too late anyway because by the time I realized what was happening, I was flying out the door with him, screaming "Jason! Help me! Help!" because I had fallen/flew down the cement stairs, landed on the sidewalk, and was literally being drug through our front yard holding onto Mojo's leash (no, it didn't occur to me to let go). I had no idea why he was running so hard, but when a 70 pound dog is going full force, there is no chance for a 130 pound woman. I hit the tree in the front yard with my shoulder which stopped me from going any further, but unfortunately there are decorative stones around the whole base of the tree. Our friends and Jason came running out of the house--they had no idea what happened, just thought that my screaming was because Mojo had run away. I was sobbing more out of fear than anything else. Courtney took the dog and Jason helped me up. Semi-luckily, our sump pump hose drains near the tree, so the ground was at least soft (and soaking wet). I realized then that our neighbors had their dog outside unleashed, and Mojo went running for the dog. The neighbor came over and didn't say anything--just grabbed his dog and took him home.
Anyway, I wasn't really hurt, thank God. I have a bruised hip and leg from hitting the sidewalk/stairs and my arm and shoulder are pretty bruised from being primarily dragged across the ground/hitting the tree on that side, and my upper back is pretty sore just from trying to hold on to Mojo's leash the whole time. what.a.night.
1 comments:
Oh Jill, I'm so glad that you only ended up a little bruised! Praise God (and your mom) for that tree! :)
Furthermore, I'm even MORE glad that we have seen each other at our most vulnerable (i.e....me barfing at the race, Mojo's attempted battery on you) and we can be back to laughing after a few deep breaths and some prayer!
Post a Comment