Last night went sort of better, in a sense, kind of... (despite not taking a morning nap, and not going down in the afternoon until 3:00, when she usually starts her nap at 1:00. sigh.
We started bedtime routine at 6:45, and I started nursing Annabelle down at 7:30. She got drowsy and I thought she was falling asleep, but then she got mad all of a sudden and tried to squirm out of my arms, and wanted nothing to do with nursing or being held. So, I put her down in her crib and left the room because I was losing my cool. She played by herself and fussed a little, but didn't really cry. I came back in 10 minutes later and tried again--same thing. So, then I went to turn on Grey's Anatomy and left her playing/whining in her crib. I went back in 10 minutes later--same thing. Finally I got her to sleep at 8:30 just by rocking her (she was pretty exhausted by that point), and she was down in her crib at 8:40, about an hour later than normal. Gah! Thank goodness my hubby brought me 6 mini cupcakes from Cream and Flutter yesterday since I was so stressed out...I needed them. Yay for stress eating!! Anyway.
8:40 - Asleep in crib.
10:20 - Up fussing. Waited five minutes to see if she would go back to sleep, to no avail. Nursed her back down.
1:20 - Up fussing. Nursed her back to sleep at 1:30.
2:30 - Up fussing. I woke up Jason to go get her and thought he did, so I went back to sleep. I woke up to her still crying about 10 minutes later--he had NOT gotten up, and had indeed went back to sleep, too. I got mad and basically kicked him awake, and he jumped out of bed and ran in to soothe her back down, poor thing.
3:30 - Up again. Jason and I talked about it the night before, and decided that anytime after 3 or 4, she could come to bed with us because we could sleep in longer :) So, she came to bed with me, and we slept until 7:00.
Total Sleep: About 10 hours (not enough...our goal is at least 11 hours) (though, she did take a late nap)
Total number of wake ups: 4, although she missed the first hour of sleep, and we gave up on the wee morning hours, so that would have added a few back in, I'm guessing. Still, a marked improvement!
Longest sleep chunk: 3 hours, 30 minutes (in bed with me). 3 hours on her own (10:20-1:20).
Onward!
Home
»
»Unlabelled
» Night #4
5.04.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment