Someone please tell me that sleep coaching is like cleaning your house...it gets worse before it gets better...right???
7:00 - Nursed to sleep
7:45 - Woke up fussing loudly, so I nursed her again. She drank quite a bit.
8:00 - Up again, Jason put her down.
10:20 - Up fussing. I nursed her down at 10:30.
10:45 - Up fussing. Jason put her down, it took 15 minutes.
2:15 - Up again. Jason put her down, took 15 minutes again of her crying.
5 minutes later...
2:35 - Up again. Jason tried to put her down, but she wasn't having it.
2:50 - Nursed her to sleep.
3:00 - up AGAIN. I walked her to sleep, and it only took 3 minutes.
3:30 - Awake yet again, pulling herself up in her crib looking bright eyed and bushy tailed. No way, man. I'm not playing that game. I brought her to bed with me then, and she finally fell asleep about 4:00 after "playing" with me (ie, crawling all over me while I attempted to sleep).
She slept in bed next to me without waking up until 7:45.
Total Sleep: 11.5 hours (yay!)
Total number of wake ups: 8.
Longest sleep chunk: 3 hours, 45 minutes (in bed with me); 3 hours 15 minutes on her own.
She did have two longer sleep chunks on her own tonight, which is good. But, I don't understand why she is waking up SO much, and waking up so early in the morning appearing full of energy (3:30 am), when she clearly needs more sleep. She also obviously like sleeping next to momma more than alone, which is understandable. Is she not ready for this yet? Am I pushing her to do something to soon? Sigh. parenting is so hard!
Home
»
»Unlabelled
» Night #3
5.03.2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hang in there! You're doing great! Don't doubt yourself. Just follow your instincts...you know what's best for your daughter.
Several times a week, after Hazel's night-time feeding, she's super alert, awake, ready to play. We (usually Matt...) walk her to sleep until she goes back down. Usually takes 20 minutes...sometimes longer.
But, like you already know...every baby is TOTALLY different and every sleep situation is unique.
You're a great momma! You're doing awesome!
Post a Comment